GLOBAL SEARCH FOR LOCAL KNOWLEDGE

GLOBAL SEARCH FOR LOCAL KNOWLEDGE
Here is some hopeful inspiration to all the single mama's out there. Traveling is possible, magical earthly adventures are out there and lessons from a variety of cultures will bring wisdom to this family from the west. I want to rest from the feeling of isolation that I am sure many overworked mothers in western culture would feel, where community and local knowledge is losing value. I want to show images of beautiful families over the world, and feel awake again with the need for us to survive and harmonise with nature. Pictures will consume most of this blog, and the rainbow trail will be sought. Just us our family in and of the world... First stop Indonesia.

Rainbow adventure...

Rainbow adventure...
its all about the rainbow...

Sunday 8 January 2012

Nusa Penida... 10 Days at the FNPF

Arrived back from the Island of Nusa Penida yesterday. An account of the 10 days will run over the next few posts. What a fantastic place, a community that we will forever be publishing books and articles to try and re-create. I felt so blessed as well as Mallee has changed into a worldly little creature, he had received so much love. The foundation has many exciting projects on the go and the community and natural integration is inspirational. My heart will fill with so much love when I think of our family on the island and I hope that Mallee and I can return one day.

DAYS 1 and 2

Boat trip, was fine, Mallee thankfully wore his life jacket and eventually fell asleep in there. The swell was not bad at all and we arrived safely, then some how my luggage was on one motorbike and Mallee and I were on another. There goes out the window one of the things that I would never do with Mallee in Indonesia, he was squashed in the middle of the driver and I on the back.  Go with the flow!

I was hit with a lovely vibe entering the Nusa Penida FNPF and the first friendly face that we saw was Mike, who has been at the foundation over 6 months, he is involved with community and educational development, we had a great tour of the garden and nusery and the grounds and I finally saw my first Bali Starling (Leucopsar rothschildi) very small agile little creatures. Mallee bonded with the resident cat on the grounds and received a freindly warning scratch about pulling its tail. Our first night sleep was broken with Mallee scratching his bites and throwing him self around the bed. 

Early next morning up at 5.30 took Mallee to the markets in the sling on the push bike. Bad idea for someone who suffers with back trouble. The locals were laughing all the way along the road at the bullae with a baby half hanging of her back. Finally made the 1/2 hour ride and come across a spectacular and fragrant market with fruits, fish, spices and anything that someone wants to trade. I managed to do some weeding while Mallee slept and clean up the art/toy library. Mallee enjoyed meeting the children in the area. So first few days were the foundation of a beautiful experience. 

I never imagined that he would wear the life jacket let alone fall asleep!

Mallee conversing about the days trade at the markets.




Mallee being introduced to the cat and Nengah who I think turned out to be Mallee's favorite friend, when Mallee said goodbye he gave him a very special hug, I think Mallee knew.



If you try hard to not look at the rubbish all the time it really is paradise.

Mallee with his friends who had so much enthusiasm with him it was very warming, He called the man on the left PAPA from this picture on.

The foundation office. All local bamboo.